A great sunless tan starts with a great canvas...
Making sure your skin is adequately prepared for your tanning session is the key to achieving a flawless tan.
For best results, follow these steps before and after your tanning session.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Apply an all-natural body lotion twice daily EACH DAY leading up to your tanning session (avoid those with heavy perfumes, alcohol, and mineral oil). And drink your H20.
2. Exfoliate with a washcloth or exfoliating mitt 12-24 HOURS BEFORE your tanning session (avoid the plastic loofahs-they don't exfoliate your skin well).
3. Shaving and waxing should be done at least 12 HOURS BEFORE your tanning session.
4. Schedule your mani-pedi or massage BEFORE your tanning session.
WHILE YOU WEAR THE SOLUTION:
1. Be careful not to TOUCH your tanned skin with your fingertips. Tan fingers and palms are no good.
2. DON'T GET WET...seriously! No dish-washing, exercising or dog kisses before you rinse.
3. Wear the solution for a minimum of 8 HOURS before rinsing (1-4 HOURS FOR EXPRESS TANS).
4. If you have light-colored upholstery or bedding, protect it with a towel to avoid the bronzer transferring.
THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. For best results, please do not shower within 3 hours of your appointment time (this allows your skin's PH to normalize for your tanning session).
2. Skin should be free of perfumes, deodorant, and lotions. If you have extremely dry skin, a light application of body lotion is okay if applied in the am.
3. Have dark, loose-fitting clothing to change into--long sleeves and long pants are best to avoid accidents.
4. Hairnets and disposable panties are available for you to wear during your tanning session.
WHEN IT'S TIME TO RINSE:
1. Do so with warm water and use hands to remove excess bronzer--NO SOAP OR BODY WASH.
2. After you rinse, the tan will continue to deepen for up to 24 HOURS after your tanning session.
3. Follow-up with a body lotion free of alcohol, mineral oil, parabens, and sulfates.
4. Resume your daily activities and enjoy your fresh tan!
TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR TAN:
1. Use an all-natural, sulfate-free body wash and moisturize twice daily.
2. BE GENTLE. No loofahs or scrubs, and use a fresh, sharp razor when shaving.
3. For best results, use body wash only WHERE YOU NEED IT and avoid arms and legs.
4. Avoid soaking in tubs, saunas, and excessive perspiration.
Illumine Tanning carries a line of products designed for tanning maintenance including exfoliating mitts, body wash, body lotion, tan extender lotion, and touch-up spray. These are available for purchase during your tanning session. The studio also carries maxi dresses, lounge pants and tops should you forget your change of clothes!
If you have any questions before or after your appointment, please send an email to email@example.com. See you soon!